Mammal. Caracals are also called desert lynx because of their resemblance to lynx.
- They can survive for long periods without water, obtaining moisture from their prey.
- “Karakal” is Turkish for “black ears.”
- Their ears are larger than most other cats, and they are topped by long, black tufts of fur.
- Caracals are agile tree-climbers, and will sometimes store the remains of their prey in the forks of trees or bushes.
- They are known for their bird-catching abilities. Their strong legs and big paws enable them to jump up and knock birds out of the air.