- The purpose of the experiment was to explore the effects of radiation exposure at high altitudes. Some further V2 missions carried biological samples, including moss.
- A rhesus monkey called Albert became the first monkey launched on June 11, 1948; also on board a US-launched V2 rocket.
- Albert suffocated during the flight.
|DOG LAIKA READY FOR SPACE|
- The first animal to actually go into orbit was the dog Laika
- launched on board the Soviet Sputnik 2 spacecraft on November 3, 1957.
- Unfortunately, Laika died during the flight.